Following recent burglaries in the area, we are reminding residents to check their home security. You can reduce the risk of becoming a victim of burglary by taking a few simple steps:
• When going out, remember to light up your home using timer switches or a TV simulator.
• Don’t leave valuables or cash on display and store your house and car keys away from your letterbox.
• Move bins away from any side gates to prevent easy access into your property.
• Lock any tools away to prevent them being used to break into your home.
• Consider fitting a motion activated external light or installing a CCTV system.
• Finally, mark your valuables using a UV pen and register them on the national property register at www.immobilise.com.
If you see a burglary in progress, or a burglary has occurred very recently, you should always report it by calling 999.
For more burglary prevention advice, please visit our website at www.thamesvalley.police.uk/burglary