There has been a recent increase in thefts from motor vehicles in our area.
To help to try and prevent thefts and to ensure that your car is not an appealing target for a thief, please be extra vigilant and consider your vehicle security.
- Ensure your car is always left locked and secure.
- Do not leave possessions in your vehicle, whether valuable or not. A thief wouldn't know the bag left on the back seat only contains a gym kit for example.
- Remove sat navs from your car, including the cradle and clean the suction mark from the window. A thief will expect to find it hidden in the glove compartment or under the seat!
- Do not leave valuables in your boot.
- Tradesmen do not leave tools in work vehicles.
- Anti-tamper proof screws for number plates are available from Vehicle Accessory shops.
Please report any suspicious activity via the Thames Valley Police non-emergency number on 101. If you see a crime being committed please call 999.
Did you know you can also report non-emergency crimes and incidents online: https://reportonline.thamesvalley.police.uk/